Lara graduated from the 2200 hour program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy (WCCMT) in 2015. During her time there, Lara worked with the UBC Track and Field team, at the BC Women’s Hospital, at the GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre and in the school’s multiple sclerosis inreach clinic.
With a background in ballet and contemporary dance, Lara has experienced first-hand the effect of massage therapy on injury prevention and effective injury treatment. A self-proclaimed anatomy nerd, Lara’s love of anatomy and the human body led her to a career in massage therapy and motivates her to continue expanding her knowledge.
While her practice encompasses treating a variety of conditions and injuries, Lara has a keen interest in working with athletes both in rehabilitation and injury prevention. Her goal is to provide treatments that are well informed and focused on developing individualized rehabilitation and treatment plans.
- 2015 – College of Massage Therapists of BC registered massage therapist
- 2015 – Member of the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC
- 2015 – Diploma in registered massage therapy, West Coast College of Massage Therapy
- 2015 – Certificate of completion “Discover the Body: Comprehensive Gross Anatomy for Massage Therapists”
- 2005-2007 Member of the Arts Umbrella Senior Dance Company
- 2003 Winner of the BC Provincial Arts Festival for senior ballet