Performax Health Group was established by Dean Kotopski, a 28 year veteran of physical rehabilitation with certifications in physiotherapy, massage therapy and acupuncture/IMS. Dean began his professional career as an auto mechanic at the age of 18 with a passion for movement and all things mechanical. His enjoyment of athletics and academics soon led him to pursue a career in physical rehabilitation and, as they say, the rest is history.
His unique skill set has been employed by result based organizations such as the BC Lions, Skate Canada, Cirque du Soleil, Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Ravens, Coquitlam Adanacs and professional fighters in the UFC , K1 and Strikeforce. He has lectured multiple times to the Trial Lawyers of BC, UBC medical students and various professional sports teams/organizations. He now spends much of his time perfecting and promoting Force Balance Technique, a rehabilitation model of treatment.
Dean loves challenge and the opportunity to solve the “unsolvable” pain puzzles so many of his patients face. “Restoring fluid, pain-free movement requires thorough examination and well thought through treatment planning. This process cannot be rushed for effective outcomes. It is an awesome gift to be a part of improving the quality of another’s life”.
His commitment to excellence and passion for his work set Dean and the Performax Health Group team apart as innovative leaders in their field.
- 1990 West Coast College of Massage Therapy (Registered Massage Therapist)
- 2002 UBC School of Rehabilitative Medicine (Physiotherapy)
- 2005 Acupuncture Foundation of Canada (Certified Acupuncturist)
- 2016 Functional Dry Needling (IMS)
- 1993 MassageTherapist Stanly Cup Playoffs
- 1997 Sea to Summit Race
- 1998,1999,2000 Test of Metal
- 1999-2002 Massage Therapist Vancouver Ravens
- 1997-2004 Massage Therapist Coquitlam Adanacs
- 2002 Physiotherapist Cirque du Soleil
- 2007 Physiotherapist Strikeforce/Bodog MMA
- 2008 Founder-Performax Health Group
- 2016 Founder-Force Balance Technique